External Research Requests
The Division of Research and Evaluation in the Department of Assessment and Audit reviews and approves all requests for research and evaluation projects to be conducted in RRISD. All researchers and evaluators, including graduate students and RRISD employees, must submit a completed Application for Research or Evaluation and follow all required procedures and timelines.
- Download the RRISD Application for Research Study.
- Submit the application and all supporting documentation to the Chair of the External Research
Committee via email (there is a “Submit” button in the form).
- Mail the application fee to the address on the final page of the application.
The required fees are $0 for Round Rock ISD employees, $25 for master's or doctoral
candidates; $100 for universities, non-profits and other organizations.
- The External Research Committee will review the application and seek additional campus and departmental approval as appropriate. We strive to complete this process within 30 days.The Division of Research and Evaluation will notify applicant of approval/denial of research proposal. If request is approved, the applicant will be notified of any additional procedures and timelines (for example, it may be necessary to draft a data sharing agreement).
- Due to the volume of requests our office receives, we cannot re-review denied requests until the following school year.
- All research conducted in the district must be voluntary. Committee approval does not guarantee the participation of particular campuses or individuals. Campus principals must acknowledge their consent by signing a Principal Agreement to Participate Form; adult participants and parents must provide active consent; and students aged 7-17 must assent to project participation.
Applications for the 2012-2013 school year will be accepted from July 16, 2012 to November 16, 2012 and from January 7, 2013 to March 1, 2013.
For further information, please contact Dr. Cathy Malerba, Chair of the External Research Review
Committee and Associate Director of Evaluation and Statistical Analysis at 512-464-5906.