The 2012-2013 Goals are:
- Increase the percentage of RRISD students who, upon graduation, matriculate in programs for post-secondary education, including two- or four-year institutions of higher education, the following fall.
- Increase the percentage of students enrolled in the International Baccalaureate program who receive the IB Diploma; increase the percentage of scores of 3 or higher received by RRISD students taking Advance Placement exams.
- Reduce the gap on SAT and ACT exams between the average scores of economically disadvantaged students and the whole student group.
- Increase the percentage of Limited English Proficient (LEP) students achieving passing rates on the statewide standardized testing program.
- Develop alternate measures for assessing elementary student achievement growth during the STAAR phase-in period and demonstrate evidence of increased achievement using those measures.
- Continue to monitor curriculum alignment with the TEKS and STAAR programs to ensure a comparable level of instructional rigor and student learning expectations across the district.
Funding and Operations
- Develop a plan for greater and more effective use of technology by students and staff in their direct work.
- Develop and implement a plan for decreasing student absenteeism, leading to an increase in student attendance rates.
- Continue to be innovative in developing and expanding plans to provide
community access to information about RRISD programs.