Round Rock ISD Guidelines to Distribute Flyers and Other Printed Materials
|NOTICE: Round Rock ISD is no longer accepting applications to distribute flyers and other printed materials for the 2012-2013 school year. The flyer approval process will resume the week of September 9, 2013.|
Round Rock ISD will consider requests to distribute information to students from non-profit civic and cultural organizations, which provide youth-oriented activities and/or programs. The RRISD Community Relations Department will be responsible for reviewing and approving flyers and printed material for student distribution.
1. Each entity requesting to distribute flyers to Round Rock ISD students MUST provide RRISD with a current 501(c) (3) Internal Revenue Service letter (Non Profit). The 501(c) (3) letter will remain on file with the district for one year. Note: Association with a non-profit organization is NOT sufficient to qualify a group as a non-profit organization; therefore, flyers for these groups/individuals will not be approved.
2. All flyers distributed to Round Rock ISD students must include the following disclaimer printed at the bottom:
“Approval of distribution of these materials is in no way an endorsement of such services, activities, and/or products by the Round Rock Independent School District.”
3. The flyer should not contain advertising logos or promotions for any business/organization other than the approved non-profit agency submitting the flyer. No fundraising/event announcements are allowed from groups outside the school, unless there is a direct educational value to students and/or school.
4. It is the responsibility of the requestor to print and distribute their flyers to each campus, accompanied by a signed Approval Form. The requestor should contact the individual campus for instructions on how to bundle the flyers and the number needed. Please note that the final decision concerning flyer distribution and the manner in which flyers are distributed is at the principal’s discretion. Some principals have a limited number of flyers available in the office for students who are interested.
5. Flyers for secondary school students should be left in the front office for student pick-up ONLY.
6. Flyer distribution requests are for a one-time distribution approval only and will be approved for distribution only one time per semester. Flyer must be distributed no later than two weeks after approval date.
7. Flyers must reflect activities or programs that would interest students or be for their well being. Flyers with little or no educational value will not be approved.
8. If at any time it is determined that previous flyers or written materials presented for approval contained false information or did not accurately represent the intent of the program, the approval of future flyers submitted by the requesting organization will be jeopardized.
9. Flyers will not be approved: until two weeks after the start date of school, the week prior to the winter holidays, the first week of the second semester or the last three weeks of school.
10. The RRISD “Request to Distribute Flyers” form and a copy of the flyer and 501(c)(3) information should either be faxed to: 512-464-5055 or emailed to: Community_Relations@roundrockisd.org
Questions should be directed to Clair Ross by email at Community_Relations@roundrockisd.org
or 512-464-5113. Please allow five (5) working days for processing from date of receipt of request.