Fine Arts offerings are TEKS-based, fully academic and curricular courses. However, many of them contain extracurricular components, which include any event that is competitive or associated with a competitive event, an event for which admission is charged, or an event that is not on school property. Examples of this might be marching band, University Interscholastic League contests, individual auditions such as All-Region Choir, Visual Arts Scholastic Event (Art contests), dance contests, One-Act Play Contests, etc.
However, events are CURRICULAR if they are TEKS-based extensions of the classroom and if grades are assigned. Examples of these are concerts and theatrical productions for which no admission is charged and for which a grade is assigned.
Examples of curricular fine arts courses with extracurricular components:
- Symphonic Band (Curricular) - Marching Band at football games (Extracurricular)
- Orchestra (Curricular) - String Quartet at UIL Contest or performance at Dell (Extracurricular)
- Dance (Curricular) - Drill Team at football games(Extracurricular)
- Theatre (Curricular) - One Act Play Contest (Extracurricular)
- Shakespeare Play performed by Theatre Class (Curricular) - Broadway Musical for which admission is charged (Extracurricular)
Below is a listing of Fine Arts campus websites: