Fine Arts on the World Wide Web
Check out these links to learn more about the fine arts in our community or around the world.
The arts are alive and well in Round Rock, Austin and surrounding communities! Visit these sites for more information on performing groups and arts organizations in your community.
- Austin 360.com - sponsored by the Austin American Statesman
- Events Calendar - Events listing on Austin 360.com
- The Texas Fine Arts Association - art exhibits on tour, events calendar, contact info
- Texas Monthly Magazine - local and regional arts, personalities, travel, food, and events
- Austin Axis Fine Arts - Austin fine arts events and organizations
- UT Performing Arts Center - calendar, order tickets online, directions, more
- Dougherty Arts Center - art gallery, theatre, art school, studio/lab space, classrooms
- Austin Museum of Art - locations Downtown and Laguna Gloria in west Austin
Find out what's happening in the arts around the State of Texas!
- CEDFA - The Center for Educator Development in the Fine Arts helps Texas teachers and implement the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for fine arts.
- TEKS-TAKS in Fine Arts - Side-by-side PDF format (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader for each grade level and Fine Arts content area that align TAKS objectives and TEKS from assessed areas. Each chart includes examples of Fine Arts TEKS that can be taught in such a way that they help students master specific TAKS objectives.
- GOARTS.ORG - The GoArts campaign and this website are sponsored by the Texas Music Educators Association in conjunction with the Texas Coalition for Quality Arts Education, a coalition of more than 25 organizations whose mission is to promote fine arts in our Texas schools.
Elementary TAKS to TEKS (PDF File) Middle School TAKS to TEKS (PDF File)
High School TAKS to TEKS (PDF File)
THE MUSIC ROOM Take a look at this AMAZING website giving you an idea of resources.
The Music for All Foundation is a national nonprofit organization committeed to expanding the role of music and the arts in education, to heightening the public's appreciation of the value of music and arts education, and to creating a positive environment for the arts through societal change.
The Music Education Coalition
The American Music Conference
Americans For the Arts
President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities
Jazz at Lincoln Center