Graphic Arts Lab
Questions? Call Denisa Page, 464-6985
NOTE: Non-school affiliated organizations, such as non-profit organizations and personal printing, will have 35% surcharge. Call for current price.
Orders may be sent to the Graphic Arts Lab during the school year.
- Laminating Guidelines
- The Graphics Arts Lab will do your laminating for you. In order to satisfactorily provide this service, you are asked to do the following:
- Send materials to be laminated in the green delivery box (see campus librarian).
- Larger items should be clearly marked.
- Follow the guidelines below:
24" is the maximum width that can be laminated at one time. Symmetrical materials, i.e. maps up to 48", can be folded and laminated. There will be a seam on both sides.
- Materials thicker than regular posterboard cannot go through the laminators.
- It isn't advisable to use crayons as they may run due to the extreme heat of the laminators.
- It is important to use a thin material (construction paper or tagboard) when attaching pieces to the top of other material which is to be laminated.
- Material with glued objects i.e. sticks, rope, glitter, etc. cannot be laminated.
- Please remove staples, metal brads, and buttons before sending material in for laminating.
- The charge for this service is $0.30 per foot.
Skill Boxes are available through the graphic lab office for $3.00 per box.
Show your district pride by wearing or using some of these great items with the District logo prominently displayed:
- ID Badge Lanyards
- ID Badge Holders
Due to limited staffing in the Graphic Arts Lab, there is a minimum three (3) week leadtime for ordering die-cuts and/or buttons. In addition, there is a limit of 500 die-cuts per order and/or buttons produced at one time in order to achieve this three (3) week leadtime. Orders over 500 may require staff or volunteer assistance from the campuses. The following information will provide you with the guidelines for ordering die-cuts and buttons.
Numerous die cuts are available in the Graphic Arts Lab. Included in the collection are 3" and 4" letters, both upper and lower case, number sets, fraction circle and square sets, music sets, geometric sets and tangrams along with a wide variety of shapes. Actual samples and a color chart can be found in your library. During the school year, die cuts may be ordered from the Graphic Arts Lab. Teachers are welcome to use the lab on a do-it-yourself basis during regular hours.
Buttons are available in the lab. These may be purchased for $0.40 per button. Artwork is not included. You can design your own buttons. When creating your buttons, be sure to leave a 1/3" blank edge. This is the approximate amount of edge needed to be turned under by the button machine. If needed, the media staff will provide training on and assistance with the button machine. A button machine is available for checkout to campuses. Template to use when creating buttons
Full Color Posters
Bring your artwork on and we can create a color poster. With our new poster maker we can print on 81/2"x11 up to a 23" x 30". We also have the capability of printing on poster board. Your originals can be either electronic or hard copy. Lamination of the poster is included in the price.**
Poster Printer Plus
This special printer will turn your blackline master, text, or graphics into a 23" x 17" or 23" x 30" poster. Be sure to leave a 1/4" blank border around the entire original as the Poster Printer will not scan in that area. A laser quality original with at least a size 14 font will yield the best quality poster. Poster is printed on white paper in your choice of one of 6* colors. Lamination is included in the price.**
*Please call to confirm available colors.
**Please call for pricing.
Printing and Graphics
16255 Great Oaks Drive, Suite 300
Round Rock, Texas 78681
Phone: (512) 464-6980
Fax: (512) 464-6988