Welcome to the exciting world of Career & Technical Education (CTE) at Round Rock ISD!
The Career & Technical Education Department, using integrated instruction and curricula; current technologies and state-of-the-art equipment; and business partnerships, create a learning environment that empowers all students to enter the constantly changing workforce.
Career & Technical Education courses are a great way for students to prepare for the highly technological and competitive workplace of the 21st century. CTE programs are designed to prepare students for life-long success in high-wage, high-skill, and high-demand occupations and career fields. Many Round Rock ISD CTE programs allow students to earn college credit in escrow through Articulated Credit.
Career & Technical Education Programs:
- Reinforce state and national academic standards;
- Provide students with insturction and training in career areas of interest;
- Link to business and industry in the region;
- Offer career development activities;
- Provide ability to earn certifications;
- Prepare students for challenges on higher education and a global, competitive workplace;
- Provide rigorous instruction through hands-on problem solving and projects; and,
- Allow students to receive college credit for courses taken through Tech Prep.
Articulated Credit Information
Articulation Agreements with community colleges make it possible for students to earn college credit for courses successfully completed in high school. These credits are held in escrow until the student successfully completes the requirements of the articulating college. The credits held in escrow are then placed on the students's transcript, free of charge.
Through Articulated Credit, RRISD provides Six-Year Plans. The purpose of the Six-Year Plans is to show students and parents how the college credit earned in high school could lead to a career-ready certification program or Associate Degree.
RRISD Six-Year Plans with Austin Community College.
To learn more about Articulated Credit, visit your CTE Teacher or School Counselor.
Career & Technical Education Reference Guide
The document below will help you learn more about CTE programs, career clusters, and RRISD Academies. It includes information about courses, potential college majors, possible certifications, and future careers.
CTE Information Booklet
Career & Technical Education Celebrations
There are many events to celebrate in the RRISD CTE programs. Please click on the link below to view some of the wonderful accomplishments of our students and business partners.
RRISD Career & Technical Education Celebrations
We are a team of highly trained Career & Technical Educators who are relentlessly dedicated to providing extraordinary opportunities for students, and shepherding them towards life-ling learning in technical and higher education.
Our vision is to be the leader in Career & Technical Education by implementing innovative instructional methods, providing a cutting edge and rigorous culture of learning, and inspire our students to become passionate about their college or career pathway of choice.
We believe that Career & Technical Education students:
1. Are capable life-long learners, who will be rewarded with a quality life through hard work and achievement. It is our responsiblity to empower this mindset through hands-on learning and instruction.
2. Will thrive in a learning environment that values students, parents, teachers, administrators, and the community. It is our responsibility to work in concert with our learning partners.
3. Deserve to be challenged. It is our responsibility to engage students and provide clear expectations of rigor, transforming our classrooms into learning centers where excellence is the expectation.
4. Must show respect and must be respected. It is our responsibility to create a culture of safe learning and inquiry, where all partners accept responsibility, take initiative and risk, and showcase their achievements.
||Director, Student Support Services & College/Career Readiness
||Director, Career & Technical Education
||Assistant Director, Career Development
||Fine Arts Academy Contact