The Community Relations Department organizes and coordinates several events each year that recognize and celebrate the contributions of employees and volunteers.
- Employee Recognition Program—Employees with 20, 25, and 30 years of service and retirees are honored.
- PIE Annual Recognition Breakfast—This event honors campus volunteers, mentors, and partners.
- Teacher Excellence Awards—Campus and District Teachers of the Year are honored.
- Education Foundation Gala—The Community Relations Department assists the RRISD Partners in Education Foundation with their annual gala to encourage contributions to the RRISD Education Foundation.
- National Award Winners program - The Community Relations Department coordinates an annual program which recognizes students and staff who have received national awards
- Student Leadership Awards - The community Relations Department organizes an annual event that recognizes middle and high school students who have taken leadership roles within their school.
- State of the District - Each year Superintendent Chávez discusses the State of the District to community member and district stakeholders.
- Open Houses/School Dedications -
- Community Meetings with the Superintendent - Dr. Chávez holds two community meetings each year to discuss current district events and answer questions from the public.