A+ Education Foundation, a philanthropic arm of A+ Federal Credit Union, awarded $13,257 in grants to 14 Round Rock ISD teachers as part of its 2016 Educator Grant Program.
This year the Foundation awarded more than $70,000 in grants to 77 educators in Central Texas. Last year, the Foundation awarded $12,350 grants to 13 District teachers.
“The A+ Foundation has been an incredible partner for our District and we are honored to be supported through its Educator Grant Program,” said Rachael Brunson, community partnerships supervisor. “The grants will be used to support innovative and engaging lessons for our students as we continue to be the Destination District for Public Schools.”
The following grant recipients, grant amounts and schools are listed below:
- Jessica Cheyney, Double File Trail Elementary School, $1,000,
- Barbara Anderson, Fern Bluff Elementary School, $852,
- Lalitha Shetty, Forest North Elementary School, $926,
- Jenny Weaver, Great Oaks Elementary School, $1,000,
- Danielle Whispell, Great Oaks Elementary School, $1,000,
- Donna Wise, Herrington Elementary School, $599,
- Kristie Campo, Joe Lee Johnson Elementary School, $1,000,
- Cheryl Fox, Laurel Mountain Elementary School, $999,
- Trevor Hance, Laurel Mountain Elementary School, $999,
- Mary Beth O’Connell, Pond Springs Elementary School, $979,
- Vickie Hicks, Cedar Valley Middle School, $999,
- Shannon Sieber, Deerpark Middle School, $907,
- Diane Hance, Grisham Middle School, $993 and
- Pam Bethke, Stony Point High School, $999.