The second cohort of Writing Rocks, which consisted of 14 elementary writing teachers from across Round Rock ISD, celebrated its graduation from the program Feb. 29.
The teachers selected for Writing Rocks completed a competitive application process and several hours of coursework and professional development. Writing Rocks is an advanced course that stretches thinking and practice through multi-grade collaboration and classroom application of practices learned in the course.
Cohort leaders consist of Esmer Espericueta, Corinna Green, Casey Koester and Michelle Siva.
The cohort members received certificates and were addressed by Executive Director of Elementary Schools Carla Amacher and Superintendent of Schools Dr. Steve Flores in celebration of the graduation.
“It’s exciting to see passionate teachers who have dedicated their time and efforts to make our students more confident in writing,” Dr. Flores said. “I am proud to celebrate this cohort who will continue serving our students and share their knowledge with fellow educators across the District.”
Graduates of the Writing Rocks cohort are listed below:
- Germaine Jackson, Berkman Elementary School,
- Eva Brazle, Cactus Ranch Elementary School,
- Erin Caballero, Caraway Elementary School,
- Brenda Dominguez, Bluebonnet Elementary School,
- Michelle Doran, Great Oaks Elementary School,
- Katie Eskridge, Blackland Prairie Elementary School,
- Erika Gonzalez, Callison Elementary School,
- Kelly Gunn, Teravista Elementary School,
- Bian Makawi, Purple Sage Elementary School,
- Jami Johnson, Gattis Elementary School,
- Gabriella Laurel, Union Hill Elementary School,
- Ananda San Miguel, Forest North Elementary School,
- Leslie Vasquez-Nieves, Robertson Elementary School and
- Virginia Wilder, Caraway Elementary School.