The Board of Trustees approved federally mandated increases of $0.10 to school meals as a result of The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. The law mandates that school meal programs match average costs with the federal reimbursement rate, which the Texas Department of Agriculture set at $2.85. The current District average rate is $2.72. The law allows districts to incrementally increase rates over a number of years.
The new prices will be:
- Elementary paid breakfast: $1.35,
- Elementary paid lunch: $2.70,
- Secondary paid breakfast: $1.35,
- Secondary paid lunch: $2.95
- All reduced breakfast: $0.30,
- All reduced lunch: $0.40,
- Adult breakfast: $2.25 and
- Adult lunch: $3.60.