UPDATE: Donations will be accepted at the RRISD Administration Office until September 15, 2017.
Dear Round Rock ISD Family,
This past weekend, Hurricane Harvey impacted the lives of millions of our fellow Texans with many experiencing extreme loss and devastation. Our heart goes out to all families impacted, and as a community, it’s important that right now, we come together to help our fellow Texans in their time of need.
The Round Rock ISD administrative offices, RRISD Council of PTAs, the PIE Foundation and the board of trustees are accepting new underwear, socks and toiletry donations to be distributed to disaster relief organizations. Donations can be brought to the front of the Round Rock ISD Administrative Office located at 1311 Round Rock Ave. in Round Rock. There will also be collection bins available during varsity football games through the end of September.
Our campuses have also done an amazing job of showing their support, and many have come together to collect goods and monetary donations to help support families across our state. We also have the additional opportunity to stand, as one district family, and help our fellow Texans in a few different ways.
Stay connected –
- Check your child’s campus web page and social media pages for information on how you can donate.
- A list of campus efforts can also be found here.
Other ways to donate –
- Visit the Hurricane Harvey Recovery Fund website to support a classroom in a community affected by the storm.
- Visit the Red Cross website, call 1-800-RED CROSS or text HARVEY to 90999.
- Visit the Salvation Army website or text STORM to 51555.
- Visit the Hurricane Harvey Relief fund website to support Houston’s flood victims.
Volunteer Locally –
- Volunteers opportunities for Austin Disaster Relief Network are available.
- Volunteer opportunities are also available through GivePulse.
I encourage you to help any way you can. It is these tough times that will show the nation and the world what the true spirit of Texas is.
Round Rock ISD stands ready to help our fellow Texans and all Americans in the event of natural disasters. We thank you in advance for joining our efforts to help families in need, and together we can help make a difference in relief efforts.
Steve Flores, Ph.D.
Round Rock ISD Superintendent of Schools