Registering for Prekindergarten and Pre-K Rodeo
2017-2018 Prekindergarten and Pre-K Rodeo registration will open July 5, 2017.
For information about 2017-2018 Pre-K Rodeo please visit our Prekindergarten Rodeo web page.
Round Rock ISD offers a half-day prekindergarten program for children who are four years old on or before September 1, live in the district, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- is limited in the ability to speak and/or comprehend the English language; or
- is eligible for free or reduced lunch based on the family’s income; or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a ; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
A child who is eligible for enrollment under item 4 or 5 above remains eligible if the child’s parent leaves the armed forces, or is no longer on active duty, after the child begins prekindergarten.
NOTE: Round Rock ISD does not offer tuition based prekindergarten program. The current program is for students who meet the criteria for entry established by the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
What to Bring to Complete Enrollment
Begin by pre-registering online. At the campus parents or guardians of new students should present the following items for their child at the time of enrollment:
- Birth certificate [To obtain a copy of a birth certificate, see below]
- Immunizations record [immunization requirements]
- Proof of income [two most recent pay stubs]
- Proof of residence in the school district [such as, lease agreement, if renting, contract of sale or a tax statement, if purchasing]
- Current utility bill indicating the address and the adult’s name
- Social Security card, if available
*If you are a family who has experienced a loss of housing or are in an unstable housing situation, you may be eligible to enroll immediately and be given an extension to gather all required documents. Visit our Families in Transition page for further information.
Anderson Mill – Dual Language
Berkman – Dual Language
Bluebonnet – Dual Language
Caldwell Heights – Dual Language
Callison – Dual Language
Double File Trail
Herrington – Dual Language
Old Town – Dual Language
Robertson – Dual Language
Union Hill – Dual Language
Voigt – Dual Language
Wells Branch – Dual Language
Morning Prekindergarten Hours
7:40 – 11:15 a.m.
Afternoon Prekindergarten Hours
11:15 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
The RRISD Prekindergarten Curriculum is based on the Texas Education Agency’s Prekindergarten Guidelines and the Aligned Round Rock Curriculum.
Areas included are:
Oral language, alphabet recognition, and phonological awareness (awareness of language sounds) are emphasized in prekindergarten. Children learn to interact with others and monitor their own behavior. Expressing themselves through words, art, and music is also part of the curriculum. Children develop observation and thinking skills through math, science, and social studies. Computers are introduced as tools for learning.
Prekindergarten can be one of a child’s most exciting years in school. Four-year-olds are naturally curious and eager to learn. Students in prekindergarten leave the RRISD program with the skills they need to be successful in kindergarten and establish a love for learning.