Round Rock ISD Flyer Distribution
Flyers will not be approved: two weeks before school starts until three weeks after the start date of school, the week prior to the winter holidays, the first week of the second semester or the last three weeks of school.
Review the Round Rock ISD guidelines for flyer distribution
Round Rock ISD will consider requests to distribute information to students from organizations which provide youth-oriented activities and/or programs that support the educational enrichment of students. This process and guidelines for distribution aligns with Goal 7 from the Strategic Plan, which states, “We will align and collaborate with existing district organizations to foster new partnerships with businesses and community.”
The Round Rock ISD Community Relations Department will be responsible for reviewing and approving electronic flyers for student distribution. Flyers requested to be distributed electronically will be submitted and approved through Peachjar. For more information on Peachjar visit here.
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations must upload a current letter of determination from the Internal Revenue Service indicating their non-profit status into their Peachjar account. Note: Association with a non-profit organization is not sufficient to qualify a group as a non-profit organization.
– Flyers from for-profit organizations must offer a product benefiting students that does not require a purchase.
- All flyers distributed to Round Rock ISD students from non-district/campus departments/organizations or campuses must include the following disclaimer printed at the bottom:
“Approval of distribution of these materials is in no way an endorsement of such services, activities, and/or products by the Round Rock Independent School District.”
- The flyer should NOT contain advertising logos or promotions for any business/organization other than the approved organization submitting the flyer. No fundraising/event announcements are allowed from groups outside the school, unless there is a direct educational value to students and/or school and it meets District rules set in Financial Information Resource Manual (FIRM).
- Nonschool literature shall not be distributed if the materials promote classes/activities that are already offered through the District. For more information regarding what is currently offered, please visit Community Education or contact the Community Education office at 512-464-4112.
- Flyers sent electronically: It is the responsibility of the requestor to upload their requested flyer in PDF format to the Peachjar system. For printed materials, it is the responsibility of the requestor to print and distribute their printed flyers to each campus, accompanied by a signed Approval Form. The requestor should contact the individual campus for instructions on how to bundle the printed materials and the number needed. Please note that the final decision concerning printed materials distribution and the manner in which printed material is distributed is at the principal’s discretion. Some principals have a limited number of printed materials available in the office for students who are interested.
- Flyers must reflect activities or programs that would interest students or be for their well being. Flyers with little or no educational value will not be approved.
- If at any time it is determined that previous flyers or written materials presented for approval contained false information or did not accurately represent the intent of the program, the approval of future flyers submitted by the requesting organization will be jeopardized.
- Flyers will not be approved: until two weeks after the start date of school, the week prior to the winter holidays, the first week of the second semester or the last three weeks of school.
Questions should be directed to Cindy Anderson or 512-464-5113. Please allow five (5) working days for processing from date of receipt of request.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved (Review the Round Rock ISD guidelines for flyer distribution), your flyer will be distributed to all parents at selected schools via email.
To submit eflyers for approval:
1. Visit Peach Jar
2. Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
- For Nonprofit organizations:
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations must upload a current letter of determination from the Internal Revenue Service indicating their non-profit status into their Peachjar account. Peachjar’s service fees may still apply.
- For profit organizations:
At this time, Round Rock ISD does not accept flyers from “For Profit” organizations unless their offer is for a product benefiting students that does not require a purchase. Peachjar’s service fees will still apply.
3. Upload your flyer for approval. Flyer must be uploaded as a PDF.
NOTE: If you are a parent group at one of our RRISD schools, these instructions do not apply. Please contact your campus Peachjar e-flyer coordinator.
For any questions related to the process, questions should be directed to Karen Geissinger or 512-464-5049. Please allow five (5) working days for processing from date of receipt of request.