Westwood High School
12400 Mellow Meadow
Austin Texas 78750
Principal, Mario Acosta
What happens at our school?
Students take ownership of their education through a variety of offerings aimed at addressing the individual needs of students. The campus’ IB Diploma Programme is an academically challenging and balanced program that prepares students for success in higher education and beyond. Students that select to participate in the program will experience the essential strands of creativity, action and service interwoven in the fabric of the program.
We put kids first
Our community of expert educators aim to develop internationally minded individuals who recognize their common humanity and shared global guardianship to help create a better and more peaceful world.
Students will have access to:
- Multi-linguistic and intercultural curriculum
- Global engagement
- Cross-integrated lessons
- Integrated technology
- Exposure to college and career choices
- Flexible and collaborative learning spaces
- Career and technical education facilities
- Individualized learning
- Service learning
Preparing a diverse student population for the challenges of an ever changing world.
Westwood’s vision includes a student population that is college ready.
Westwood High School opened its doors to students in August 1981.
2016 Accountability Rating
College Readiness Scores
SAT Results (Average): 1821
ACT Results (Average): 27
Reading/ELA, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Top 25% Student Progress, Top 25% Closing Performance Gaps, Postsecondary Readiness
2015-16 STAAR Passing Rates
- English I/Reading I – 89% 89%
- English II/Reading II – 93% 93%
- Algebra I – 85% 85%
- Biology – 95% 95%
- U.S. History – 98% 98%
- School Report Card
- Campus Improvement Plan
- Climate Surveys
- TX Academic Performance Report
- Adequate Yearly Progress
- Accountability Summary
- Distinction Designation Summary
- HB 5 Performance Ratings
Performance Indicators website
2015-16 Student Demographics
- African American – 3.5% 3.5%
- Hispanic – 16.8% 16.8%
- White – 45.7% 45.7%
- Native American – 0.5% 0.5%
- Asian – 29.1% 29.1%
- Pacific Islander – 0.1% 0.1%
- Two or more races – 4.2% 4.2%
NOTE: STAAR results, student demographic and enrollment data is pulled from the Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR). This page is updated generally around mid-November when the data is released by the state. The TAPR includes information from the previous school year.
Student Enrollment by program
- College Ready Graduates Bilingual/ESL – 84% 84%
- College Ready Graduates – Math – 84% 84%
- Annual Dropout Rate – 0.2% 0.2%
- Advanced Course/Dual Enrollment Completion – 81.4% 81.4%
- AP/IB Results (% of examinees who met criteria) – 89.3% 89.3%
- Economically Disadvantaged – 13.3% 13.3%
- Career and Technology – 60.2% 60.2%